Katie's Brazil Journal
January 12, 2005
1. A prehistoric sloth is 16 feet long.
2. The inside of a meteorite is smooth like metal.
3. I learned how to say pool in Portuguese (piscina).
1. We went to the National Museum.
2. We rode the subway to the museum and back.
3. We walk a lot today and it was hot and rainy.
January 11, 2005
1. People who live in the Santa Teresa neighborhood can take a trolley to get down the hill.
2. McDonald's in Rio de Janeiro have Internet access.
3. People make wonderful sand castles on Copacabana Beach.
1. I slept until 1:00pm
2. I walked along Copacabana Beach.
3. We saw little kittens on a wall by a museum and we held them and played with them.
January 10, 2005
1. I learned how to say thank you in Portuguese (o-bri-gaa-do).
2. In Peru they think marshmallows are like candy and sell them in expensive gift shops.
1. I took a 5 hour plane ride to Sao Paolo.
2. We transferred planes to Rio.
3. Watched Pokemon in Portuguese.